The external focus is to:
- Lift and maintain the tourism profile of the Snowy Mountains Region with Federal, State and Local Governments and their agencies to ensure that the Snowy Mountains region is top of mind as tourism destination.
- Be a spokesperson for the Snowy Mountains Region on regional tourism issues.
- Identify and leverage funding opportunities as they arise for the benefit of the Snowy Mountains region.
The operational role is to:
- Provide leadership and direction to the regional tourism industry.
- Develop and encourage innovative activities including marketing campaigns that maintain brand awareness and encourage increased visitation.
- Foster and encourage product development in the region.
- Advise, consult and partner with Federal and State Government Agencies, Local Government and major stakeholders to facilitate the growth and sustainability of the region’s tourism economy.